Friday, June 19, 2009

6/19 Class

Last night in class, we had to run. Master M is starting to get us working on our conditioning, so we'll be running from here on out. One thing I realized fairly quickly...I'm NOT in the shape I thought I was in. (Wait...round is a shape, right?? I'm round!!)
I was the last one to finish running. Boo. That just means I have work to do. I will do it. Have to work up to that half mile, then it'll be a full mile before I know it. Master M told me after class to just keep after it. If I have to walk the ends and run the straights, that's acceptable--FOR NOW. Eventually I should be able to run a mile in ten minutes. Or less. My goal is the 'less' at some point in the future. DISTANT future. The short term goal is just to run. To quote Nike..."Just DO it."

After running, Master M had us work on technique with the weights again. I chose 3 pound weights this time instead of the 5 I'd used on Tuesday. For some reason, last night I felt wobbly. Was it because I snuck in some weight training for triceps, deltoids and the upper pecs beforehand? I don't know. If that's the case, I'm going to continue to do the pre-workout because I think it will help in the long run!!

I'm still using my Wii Fit in the morning to get in some cardio. That has been highly beneficial in my opinion because it gets me up and moving. I feel better in the morning when I've worked out. I LIKE working out now. I'm telling myself I am seeing changes. Yes, I know it's only been a week, but I'm telling myself I'm seeing changes anyway...


No comments: