Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Taking that first step

I kept part one of a promise to myself tonight.  I went to class tonight.  It was a Q and A session, but still, it was a class.  I'm already planning on returning on Thursday night.

I had a nice chat with one of my instructors after the meeting tonight and he told me that the biggest thing I could do to get myself back on the right track was to get to class.  I started tonight by getting off my butt and going to this meeting.  It was an important bit of background on my school.  I like it.

So, as of right now, I'm re-committing myself to working hard.  I've had it pointed out to me at work that I've ballooned up in my weight, so that's something I'll work on.  Hard work never hurt anyone.   Sa Bu Nim pointed out that I DO know my forms and techniques, even if I'm a little rusty, so I shouldn't let that hold me back.  He's right.  I do know a lot, even if I try to tell myself I don't know it.  I am always hardest on myself, which is another observation Sa Bu Nim had for me tonight.  We agreed that I should just work on getting over that nasty little voice in my head that says I don't know it and work on my self confidence.    I know the forms and techniques and as I'm just about starting over, I have a lot of things I can improve.

I'm glad I went.  I will be back on Thursday.  With figurative bells on, not literal bells.

No comments: