Wednesday, November 04, 2009

It's all about perception

Last night's class was an eye opener.  Master F ran us through our paces and had us practicing kicks.  He indicated that we should do low, medium and high kicks.  I found that I need to work on my perception of height.  My low kicks were, yes, low.  Mid-level, not so mid-level.  High?  NOT!!  This just tells me what I need to work on.  I have to work on the perception of level, plus I already knew I needed to work on my kicking skills. Now I have more incentive to work at it.  I am challenging myself to improve my kicks.  I have listened to what has been said in class and also at various tests, so I'm sure I can use that to my advantage.

I'm rather pleased with myself.  I didn't let myself make any excuses.  I know I'm not the best at what I do.  I can do it though.  I have much to improve, but that is the way of a student.  You strive to constantly better yourself.  I'm thinking it goes along with the perception of height...you think you're doing something really well and just sail along, but really, it could possibly stand improvement.  

I told one of my instructors what this month's goal is.  I'm striving to make all the classes this month, *NO EXCUSES!*  That's my first goal.  It's attainable because we have classes up until Thanksgiving.  I plan on making all of my classes.  I'll only be out if I'm sick.

No comments: