Monday, August 24, 2009

Starting small

Small steps. I did two *really good* push ups tonight. My son counted for me.
I started with just two because my friend, S, told me that if I add just one a day, I'll build up my strength and can improve my numbers. Therefore, I started out with two really good push ups. That was a start. I'm not allowed to say anything negative about myself and my push ups, so I am instead, going to pat myself on the back and cheer. I did it! It was "one small push up for me, one giant push up for my goals." Okay, so that's badly paraphrasing, but it's a start.

I'm NOT complaining.

1 comment:

Master Wayne Boozer said...

Ms. Meg,

This is what I was talking about - baby steps! One of the mistakes that we tend to make when we set out to do something is that we look for immediate and grandiose results. Again, this is why I keep a journal to see where I am from week to week, month to month and year to year. That way, you focus more on where you've been compared to where you are now (as opposed to not making more progress towards a goal).

Master Wayne Boozer