Monday, November 10, 2008

New day, new mantra, Thank you ML!!

I'm trying something new in the way of my workouts and whatnot. I am going to start every day telling myself one thing I really like about myself. No more "Negative Nellie" for me. I've got a piece I wrote last June that I am going to re-type and share at some point. I was advised that it doesn't sound at all like what I've been saying lately. I really needed that advice and I am going to take it.

I got up this morning and looked at myself. Then I told myself, I like the fact that I'm caring and I listen to people.

I'll be repeating that to myself during the day. I AM capable of being a good martial artist. I wouldn't have a black belt if I didn't earn it somehow.
I earned it. Thousands of hours of sweat. I will earn my second Dan. I don't know when right now and frankly, after spending the weekend talking to a friend, I don't think I need to worry about the when. I need to worry about getting myself together, to getting what I need to accomplish done. I'm fine with who I am as long as I focus on the here and now and not the When.

A little positive reinforcement goes a LONG way!

No comments: