Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday Fitness

I went out today and got myself two new pairs of shoes, so I'm set for walking. I bought one pair to wear as "everyday" shoes and one pair for strictly walking. We shall see how this works for me. I'm going to be walking quite a bit.


I looked at my push up requirements again for my fitness test. I made a mistake. I need to do 32 push ups, rather than the 38 I had posted that I was supposed to do. I looked at the requirements for someone 30-39 years of age, rather than 40-49. OOPS! I guess I'm trying to fool myself that I'm not as old as I am?
I am still working on trying to do a correct, "guy" push up. I did my two today. It's hard to do, especially as I have a tendency to sag down at the belly!
I'm going to work on that. I bet that if I work on holding my stomach in, I'll get a bonus of strengthening my abs.

I have to work on the crunches. I don't do them the way the people at BTK do. They do more of a Pilates-style crunch, where they are straight legged and fold up to the middle. I do my crunches with my feet flat on the floor, pulling my shoulders off the floor toward my knees. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but for now, I'm going to keep doing my crunches with my feet flat on the floor. I'll do that until I get my core muscles built up.


No comments: